First time ever offered directly to our valued customers - DO IT YOUR SELF Davidovich Bagels.
We will send you all the ingredients you will need to make 2 dozen Plain Davidovich bagels including all the instructions.
The Package includes:
Flour, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Malt, Salt, Dry Yeast.
You may also add the following seeds available from our online store to finish off your bagels:
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Davidovich Everything Mix
Please select which toppings you would like at the checkout box. Until June 30th we will be offering the toppings complimentary, later you will be able to add them to your cart separately.
Bagel Preparation instructions:
- You will receive 3 packages
- Take a large bowl and Mix the three packages together (about 5lb of ingredients)
- You will then need to add 4.5 cups of water
- Mix everything by hand or using a dough mixer on your food processing equipment
- After mixing you will separate the dough into approximately 5oz pieces and proceed to roll them into bagels
- Place them on a plate and cover them with clear wrap and let them rest in the refrigerator for about 12-24 hours.
- When they are ready, Boil a large pot of water (1/2 filled) on top of the stove and preheat the stove to 475 degrees
- Place several bagels at a time into boiling water and let them boil for about 1 minute while stearng.
- Once boiled take them out and place on a baking pan lined with special wax paper liner.
- Sprinkle your toppings on top of the wet bagels (after boiling) or dip them into toppings prior to placing on the pan.
- Place the bagels on the baking sheet
- Place the sheet of bagels into the oven for about 20-30 minutes (Cooking times may be different depending on your oven. Use toothpick to check the inside dough)
- Take out when ready, let them Cool and enjoy!!!