DO IT YOUR SELF Davidovich Bagels.
We will send you all the ingredients you need to make 2 dozen Plain Davidovich bagels including all the instructions.
Flour, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Malt, Salt, Dry Yeast.
You may also add the following seeds available from our online store to finish off your bagels:
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame Seeds
- Davidovich Everything Mix
Please select which toppings you would like at the checkout box. Until June 30th we will be offering the toppings complimentary, later you will be able to add them to your cart separately.
Bagel Preparation instructions:
- You will receive 3 packets inside your package
- Take a large bowl and please the flour there (about 4lb of ingredients)
- Into a separate bowl, you will then need to take about 3.5 cups of warm water and mix in the two other packages with the east and sugar and stir it until it is almost dissolved
- Combine the water mixture and the flour slowly while mixing everything by hand or using a dough mixer on your food processing equipment. Use the slowest speed on your mixer settings and allow to mix thoroughly for about 10 minutes.
- After mixing you will separate the dough into approximately 4 oz pieces and proceed to roll them into bagels by first making a "Snake" about 10 inches long and then connecting the head and the tale See video of professional hand roller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qri4OaNr-E0
- Place them on a baking sheet leaving about 1/2 inch of space between each bagel (this would provide room for them to finish proofing) then cover them with clear plastic wrap and let them rest in the refrigerator for about 12-24 hours.
- When they are ready, Boil a large pot of water (1/2 filled) on top of the stove and preheat the stove to 475 - 500 degrees
- Place several bagels at a time into boiling water and let them boil for about 1 minute while steering gently
- Once boiled take them out and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper liner or silicon sheet (to prevent them from sticking to the sheet).
- Sprinkle your toppings on top of the wet bagels (after boiling) or dip them into toppings prior to placing on the pan.
- Place the bagels on the baking sheet
- Place the sheet of bagels into the oven for about 20-30 minutes (Cooking times may be different depending on your oven. Use toothpick to check the inside dough)
- Take out when ready, let them Cool and enjoy!!!